Ballina R.F.C. is a rugby union club in Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland. The club is affiliated to the Connacht Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union and play in Division 2B of the All-Ireland League.
The club fields 5 adult teams and an under-20 team. In youth rugby there are under-18, under-16 and under-14 teams. Trail Blazers In 1970, Ballymena blazed a trail in Irish rugby by appointing a principal coach, adopting a squad system and setting up a club coaching scheme, and the stage was set for the golden decade that was to follow, during which Ballymena were arguably the foremost club in Ulster and Ireland. They contributed many players to the Ulster Provincial side and to the Irish International team during this period, which came to a climax in 1980 with a major Club tour to Canada.
Winners of the All-Ireland Cup (2008–09). The first team currently plays Senior rugby union in All-Ireland League, Division 1A and the club also fields six Junior standard adult teams. Youth teams (male and female) compete at under-16, under-14, under-12 and the mini-rugby levels. The club is located in the County Down town of Ballynahinch in Northern Ireland.
Banbridge RFC have a touring team called the Bluesox that have travelled to Oldham, Newcastle, Cardiff, Edinburgh, The Netherlands, Isle of Man, Czech Republic and more since 1997. At the end of the 1997-98 season, Banbridge won the round-robin play-offs against the other provincial qualifying champions Naas, Monivea and Midleton. Their victory secured promotion to Division Four of the All Ireland League for the 1998-99 season.
The club was founded in 1885 and enjoyed senior status between 1924 and the Second World War. The club returned to junior rugby after the war. Historically having played at Ward Park, leased from Bangor Borough Council, in 1968 the club purchased eleven acres of land on the southern outskirts of Bangor and opened a new ground named Upritchard Park (after chairman Joe Upritchard) in September 1969, coinciding with the regaining of senior status.
Belfast Harlequins was formed in 1999 with the merger of Collegians, North of Ireland Cricket Club and North of Ireland Football Club. The former clubs were three of the oldest and most distinguished clubs in Ireland. "North" sold its famous ground at Ormeau – one of the earliest international rugby venues – to pay for the redevelopment of the Deramore Park facilities. The Belfast Harlequins RFC most successful season was in 2004–2005. They finished third in the league table and played at Lansdowne Road in Dublin in the end of season play-offs.
Blackrock College RFC was founded in 1882 making it one of the oldest senior rugby clubs in Ireland. While it bears the name and is closely affiliated to the school at Williamstown, it is a very open local club. It has sought to develop and a comprehensive under 20s academy striving to provide an environment in which aspiring rugby players can thrive. The club has a long tradition of producing players for the international side, many of whom have also represented the Lions.
The club was set up in late 1969 - early 1970 by two G.A.A. players, Willie Conway and Nicholas Cooke. The club's first home game was played in a field to the rear of the church in the village of Bruff and was watched by most of the village occupants. In their first Season in Division 1b (2010-2011), Bruff won the Munster Senior Cup for the first time in their 40-year history.
The name Buccaneers originates from the Shannon Buccaneers club founded by Diarmuid Murtagh from Athlone in the early 1930s. Fielding players such as British and Irish Lions captain Sammy Walker, the club later disbanded due to the Second World War.
Cashel RFC has a Minis rugby section which caters for kids from U7s up to U12s, a juvenile section for U14s, U16s and U18 and halfs, they also have Ladies Rugby which includes Girls Tag, U18s and our Senior Ladies Team and finally they have 3 Senior teams 3rds 2nds and our 1st team. The year 2009 was a particularly successful one for the club, when it won an unprecedented nine cups.
To date three City of Armagh players have earned caps for the Irish international team. As well as producing players, the club has provided the Ulster Branch and the IRFU with Presidents, most notably John Callaghan.
The club was established in 1881, winning the Irish Provincial Towns Cup in the following season. Following relegation, the club appointed New Zealander Bevan Lynch in June 2008 as Head coach. He set about improving the club's fortunes and has introduced a number of new faces. The club were unbeaten in all competitions in the 2008 – 2009 season. In the following 2009 – 2010 season they won the All Ireland junior Cup, the Ulster Qualifying League and were promoted back into the All Ireland League.
In 1968 the Club was reformed. The driving force at that time was the late Tom Reilly. Also on that committee were Barry O' Donovan, Mick Kelly, Tom Fennessy, Paul Lonergan, Michael Reilly and Cyril Burke.
Based in Clontarf, Dublin. Playing, as of 2018, in Division 1A of the All-Ireland League. Having played firstly in a field at the bottom of Vernon Avenue, then on a site currently used by Dublin Bus as a depot, the club moved to its present location in 1896 and celebrated 100 years at Castle Avenue in 1996.
Cooke Rugby Football Club, which was founded in 1910, is the oldest junior rugby club in Belfast, Northern Ireland. They currently field 3 Senior Men's teams, the 1st XV playing in Qualifying 1, and a successful Women's team, which competes in the Women's All-Ireland League. It owes its origins to the members of a Bible class in the Cooke Centenary Presbyterian Church in the Ballynafeigh area. It was originally based at Upper Galwally until 1991 and the first clubhouse was a small black wooden hut. The club then moved to its present modern clubhouse and grounds of 36 acres (150,000 m2) at Shaws Bridge, Belfast.
Founded in 1902, by members of Dolphin Swimming Club seeking to find a wintertime activity. Former Irish Coach, Declan Kidney played for the club in the 1980s and early 90's.
The club fields three Junior teams who compete in the Leinster J1, J3 and J4 Metro Leagues, and two U20 teams who play in the JP Fanagan Premier and Pennant leagues respectively. They are the current Frazer McMullen All Ireland Champions, beating Clontarf U20 in the 2018 final. The club's main playing field is College Park, which is within the grounds of Trinity in Dublin city centre. It also has two other football fields used mainly by the Junior teams on Santry Avenue in the Dublin suburb of Santry.
As a result of winning the AIB All Ireland League play offs in 2000-2001 Dungannon has now won every available domestic competition. Stevenson Park was purchased in 1969 and has been gradually improved into one of the finest arenas for playing and viewing rugby in Ireland. In 1999/2000 the Club completed the first phase of the development of its facilities by totally renovating and extending the changing facilities. Incorporating new administration offices, new heating and building a new car park. The new development which cost £500,000 was funded by a National Lottery Grant and by the generous donation of members.
The club has won the Leinster Rugby Provincial Towns Cup a total of eight times. The most recent victories occurred in 2012, 2015, and 2018.
On September 13, 1932 a brief report in the pages of the Connacht Sentinel announced the formation of a new rugby club in Galway. Its membership was drawn largely from Galway's inner city and working class and was composed in the main of students and players of St Joseph's Patrician College and the Galway Grammar School.
The golden age of Galwegians rugby was the five-in-a-row Connacht League and Cup double in 1955-1960, an unprecedented feat in Irish rugby, when Wegians were arguably the best team in the country, regularly beating the other senior clubs in Ireland.
Founding member of the club, W.L.Stokes, had a huge influence on the game in Limerick during the 1880s. He made sure Garryowen received Union recognition in 1884. If not for his tireless work promoting rugby, Garryowen might never have begun.
Greystones RFC was formed in 1937 after a meeting in the Carnegie Library in Greystones attended by twenty mainly schoolboys intent on founding a club to represent the town. One of the original young men, Eric Archer is still an active member of the club and played a full part in the 75th anniversary celebrations. The club archives show that the initial membership subscription of 5 shillings “was discussed with some controversy” at that meeting but was finally adopted. A sum of £4 was required to pay for the annual rent on the grounds and a life membership of £1 was proposed in order to raise the rent money,They won their first trophy in 1944 when they won the Metropolitan League.